We are seeking a motivated colleague to fill in the open position of a Ph.D. student in SONATA BIS project funded by National Science Center Poland. The position will be available as of October 1st, 2019. The successful candidate will study mechanisms governing the transport of ligands in enzymes using the cutting-edge methods like MSM modeling, adaptive and enhanced sampling simulations. The research will also include the component of a method development. The acquired results will be crucial for discoveries of the molecular origins of transport-related pathologies, improvements of binding kinetics of inhibitors, and engineering of improved biocatalysts. The laboratory is located in Poznan, Poland, and is jointly affiliated to the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw and the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan – both rank among the top research institutes in Poland.
master´s degree in biophysics, bioinformatics, biochemistry, computational chemistry or related field; candidates expected to receive their degrees till mid-July 2019 will also be considered
- good knowledge of Linux OS and molecular dynamics simulations, preferably AMBER
- high motivation and enthusiasm to research
- scripting/programming skills, preferably Python
- fluency in English, both spoken and written
fully funded position for 48 months – net fellowship at a minimum of 3,000 PLN/month (about €750); note that living costs in Poland are very favorable
- friendly, dynamic and supportive environment
- training in advanced computational methods
- opportunity to participate in international courses and conferences
- help with applications for additional funding during your studies
the deadline for the applications is June 16, 2019
- send your applications to Jan Brezovsky: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in the subject of email include “PHD_SONATA_BIS” and your first and last name.
- the selected candidates will be invited for an interview taking place in June/July 2019
- the application should be prepared as a single PDF file in English and contain:
- one-page cover letter describing your motivation
- Curriculum Vitae also containing the description of your publications, attended courses and conferences
- two letters of recommendation – at least one should be from your direct supervisor. The letters could either be attached to the application or send directly to: email@example.com until the deadline.
- scan of your university degree certificates/diplomas, including the obtained grades/scores
- the following two statements must be included in the application and signed:
- I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.
- In accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (Journal of Laws of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) I agree to the processing of personal data other than those indicated in Article 221 of the Labour Code (name(s) and surname; parents’ names; date of birth; place of residence; address for correspondence; education; previous employment), included in my job offer for the purpose of current recruitment.
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw and Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. Full information is available under the following links:
- The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
- Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers.